Is there a method for autostar alignment using a PC?
On my scope I have a camera on the main scope and a guide camera on the guide scope .. so there are no eyepieces. I use SkyX professional and ImageLink to know precisely where the scope is pointed at. But what I find is if I do a 'sync' after an imagelink then park the scope, the next time I use autostar the error in RA has doubled. Which means after a few sessions like this the startup RA is several hours off.
From what I understand, autostar requires an alignment at the start of each observing session. So it does not retain the alignment when parking.
Without any eyepiece I don't see how an alignment can be done. What would be ideal is if I could use AutoStar to do a two or three star alignment, then when AutoStar asks for the star, I instead enter a set of coordinates. So the process would be something like:
1. Power on AutoStar handset, enter date/time.
2. From AutoStar on PC then select 2 star alignment.
3. Manually slew the telescope to some point in the sky, do an ImageLink to get the precise location.
4. Enter those coordinates into AutoStar.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for second star.
AutoStar is now aligned.
Then use sync as needed.
Is this possible, or something close to it?