I FINALLY managed to get about 2 hours of sky today to work on this issue before the clouds moved in again. After connecting and using the Autostar software to reload the handbox, all I'm presented with is "gobblety goop" characters on the screen. I made multiple attempts all with same results. During this downtime I purchased another Autostar II handbox from someone on CN that had an LX200 scope that they were parting out. The handbox was the same firmware version as the one I already had but had some minor screen issues. When I connected it however, it behaved fine as far as the display of information. I did a polar but everything was WAY off when I tried to slew to anything. I would center on Vega and then slew to another bright star, (Deneb or Altair) and it would miss by a mile. I will call Meade tomorrow and inquire if I can merely purchase another handbox as I'm very tired of wasting time with this and getting no satisfaction from my expensive new scope that's 1.5 months out of warranty. I saw where OPT had Autostar II handboxes for $149.00 but they indicate LX200 so I'm unsure if they will suffice. Meade said they would charge me $400.00+ if I sent my defective one back for repair. If the one from OPT will work I'll just purchase a new one. I need to resolve this before the good viewing season gets here. Frustrated.