• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 willbbwood

willbbwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

I have a LX 850 12" and am having difficulty aligning following the manual and Autostar II screen directions. Is there a checklist or aligning guide I can obtain for this procedure?

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

It's pretty straightforward. Set up the mount so the control panel faces away from Polaris. Select "Align" and watch it move to the polar home position on its own, acquire GPS lock, and slew to Polaris. Now it is ready for your participation. When prompted, center Polaris in the eyepiece using the mount's mechanical altitude and azimuth controls (NOT the handbox). Press Enter and watch it slew to the alignment star. When prompted, use the handbox buttons (leave the mechanical adjustments used in the previous step alone) to center the alignment star and press "Enter". All done. It's on pages 22 and 23 in the manual. 

• willbbwood likes this

#3 willbbwood

willbbwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

I do not get prompt to CTR Polaris in eyepiece.  German north keeps scrolling even after I press ENTER.  I get Synchronized only.

#4 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

Very weird. Do you have latest mount/StarLock firmware updates?
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users