• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cdnpilot

cdnpilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

I tried searching for this topic but did not find anything.

I downloaded Autostar Suite 5.5 and trying to connect to an LX200GPS 8" scope. The com port it connects to on my laptop is 7. I have checked the baud rate (9600,1 and no parity). When I try to connect I get an error "Communications Not Established! Opening Comm. Port without a protocol". I have tried both RS232 ports on the scope - no difference.

Anyone seen this or have any thoughts? Same error on 2 different laptops. I am pretty sure the cable is good as it does connect with PHD2.

Kevin

• SibElublity likes this

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2364 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

im half asleep at the moment but if memory serves me you can only use com 1 through 4 in envisage.Ill have to verify that in the am.

go into your control panel and check to see what com ports are avaliable on your version of windows.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2364 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

if you have any issues drop me a e mail and ill walk you through the steps.If you have skype that works even better and i can take you step by step throught it all.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#4 cdnpilot

cdnpilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for your response. I am going to send my scope in for a check. There are a number of things not working (including the screws that secure the scope to the bracket attached to the forks being loose and the scope moving in the declination by about 10 degrees). That is happening the end of August - so in September I will be ready to try again. I will enlist your help.

I see you are in Michigan - Go Green! I have twin Spartys.....

Kevin 

#5 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2749 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

Hello SibElublity,

Welcome to the forum!

I personally like having posters from all over the world. I think it really adds to the forum.

I did a translate with some other software, but could not copy from it to replace your post with English. I am not an expert on what you are asking about, so I cannot give you an answer. If you could re-post in English or use a translator of some sort and post the results, I think it would help others answer your question.

Thanks,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users