• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WyoJoe

WyoJoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

I just purchased the Meade Series 4000 eyepiece and filter set.

The product registration card states you can do this on line at www.meade.com.

I can't find where you do this. The purchase also comes with an offer for  a one year free 4M membership.

I registered with 4M but still don't see where to register the products.

I did not see any cost for being a 4M member so is the "free" a come on to get you to register?

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hello, WyoJoe!

Welcome to the forum!

The eyepiece you purchased is probably one that has been sitting on a shelf somewhere for a long time.  I was told when I called customer support related to the same issue that registration is not necessary any more for something like that.  Plus, there is no place on line to do that now.  Just keep a receipt from whomever you bought the eyepiece from as your proof of purchase.

With a large item, like a major telescope purchase, there is probably a mail-in card.  However, I have not bought a large scope in a long time, so I am not sure how that works.

When the Meade 4M Forum was first set up, there was a charge for a certain level.  I never did find out what all the benefits were supposed to be.  I do know that I recieved a nice little carry bag, a three inch patch for a shirt or jacket, and maybe a pin of some sort.  In a year or so, that charge went away as did that high level with its bag and other items.

The Meade 4M Community Forum is free.

Best Regards,

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 WyoJoe

WyoJoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

Bill

Thanks again. The 4M welcome card I thing came with the lens/filter kit. The card must have been made in quantity and still carries the old directions. I thought I was missing some obvious link to click.

Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users