• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DDL

DDL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

I'm looking to upgrade my scope GoTo, for astro pics as it predates the LX200 mounts, I don't have a wedge and I don't know what my tube alone weights. Any help is appreciated.

#2 d33d0gg

d33d0gg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

Have you considered the LX850?

Daniel
--------
LX200GPS 12"

LX80
ETX90

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2360 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

so many to choose from now a days.Im not familiar with the LX 80 or LX850 mounts so im no help what so ever there.

What ever you decide make sure it can handle the weight of the OTA and you can control it from a PC if you plan on doing any kind of imaging.

At one point in time I knew all of the Meade product line when i was beta testing things for them but with all of the changes and new people Im no longer in the loop of anything.

All I can go by is what I know first hand or learn from reputable sources on the web.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#4 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

It's hard to picture a 14" Meade SCT that predates the LX200 series. The 14" SCT didn't come out until well after the second generation LX200GPS was introduced (which was ten years after the LX200). If you have a 14" LX200GPS you could just acquire a wedge; I used my 14" LX200GPS on a wedge as my imaging platform for years. If you have a bare optical tube you'll need a substantial EQ mount. Losmandy Titan, Takahashi NJP, CGE Pro, LX850 would be the most economical group to look at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users