• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 faisto

faisto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hi, I speak to a manager and / or amministartore. I kindly ask you the opportunity to have a full supply of motor control of the mount Dec lx80 that I broke down. this card is located under the cover of the Dec axis on the side of the bar counter. post a picture found on the network card. confident hope of resolving this distressing problem. thank you very much 

Yours sincerely 

Faisto

Attached Thumbnails

• MotorCard2 (2).jpg  LX 80.jpg

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2825 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

Hi Faisto,

Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately, there are no managers, etc. for Meade on this forum.  Pretty much just ordinary people.

If you live outside the United States, your best bet is to contact the dealer whom you purchased the telescope from, or send a regular letter to Meade at:

Meade Instrument Corporation

27 Hubble

Irvine, California 92618

If you live in the United States, you can call a toll free number, 1-800-626-3233, and talk to Meade customer support.

They have a new email address at sales@meade.com.  However, I do not know if they are set up for a part like you need.  You might try them and see what happens.

Hope this helps,

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2825 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

I have a correction to make.  I found out the email address of sales@meade.com is for dealers and people who want to be dealers.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

Meade will not sell boards due to previous problems.You will more than likely have to send the scope in for repairs unfortunatly.

If it is the chips that you have circled you can try calling then and see if you can get a chip number but i wouldnt hold my breath on it.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#5 Bin-Star

Bin-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hello,

Actually, my friend experienced same problem.

He got AO4801A and  AO4842 IC chips via net shop and replace IC by himself.

If you have a skill of soldering, It"s easy way to replace chip, and cost is saved minimum.

I think LX80 is broken easily.

My LX80 was broken too. Gearbox was melted by heating of motor. 

e-mail adress of Sales@meade.com does"t work, so I tried to reoair by myself.

Bin-Star

Hi, I speak to a manager and / or amministartore. I kindly ask you the opportunity to have a full supply of motor control of the mount Dec lx80 that I broke down. this card is located under the cover of the Dec axis on the side of the bar counter. post a picture found on the network card. confident hope of resolving this distressing problem. thank you very much 

Yours sincerely 

Faisto

#6 faisto

faisto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:30 AM

Hello thanks to all for the answers. Amazing that Meade not assist his clients for problems, leaving them with problems! but to make money taken prior to ignore. However, I managed somehow to repair. Thank you again.

Faisto

#7 rrankins

rrankins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

Hello,

Actually, my friend experienced same problem.

He got AO4801A and  AO4842 IC chips via net shop and replace IC by himself.

If you have a skill of soldering, It"s easy way to replace chip, and cost is saved minimum.

I think LX80 is broken easily.

My LX80 was broken too. Gearbox was melted by heating of motor. 

e-mail adress of Sales@meade.com does"t work, so I tried to reoair by myself.

Bin-Star

did you have any luck repairing the gearbox or getting a replacement motor?

Unfortunately, my LX80 appears to have suffered the same fate today as well.

-Ray

#8 trc

trc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:00 PM

My RA motor was locking up so U started looking at forums and discovered I have this problem as well.I dismantled my mount and found the motor gear casing is a very soft plastic. The motor is out of alignment with the gears enough to make it spin or lock up. Iam trying to build a better quality gear motor box but have just started. It appears that Meade glued the optical encoder board to the motor and im trying not to break it. I dont know how this will turn out but you can bet this will be my last Meade purchase. Buy the way I have meade telescope 10 and 12 LX 200 105 refractor and a 60mm. Ive had to work to keep them going.. the 200's but I love them, great optics. Perhaps we can all get out heads together and make this mount as good as meade claime (lied) that it was.I'll be glad to help all I can Contact me here or trayclark@roadrunner.com

Thanks for reading guys!

#9 DarkSide

DarkSide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

I just joined the obsession, and while purchasing a Meade LX80 mount and tripod, broke off the RA clutch plate housing arm.  I've attached a photo, as my description is probably not technically accurate.

Anyone interested in sell theirs?

Attached Thumbnails

• meadelx80_RAClutchHousing.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users