• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SointulArt

SointulArt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

I recently bought a used Meade 1000mm f/11 mirror lens. It is identical to the one in this post. It hasn't been treated with much respect and has some dust and hairs on the mirror, so may not be that usable. It also did not have most of the accessories that originally came with this lens back in the early 90's (80's).

I would like to be able to test it out, but I am uncertain as to the rear cell thread. I measured it with a pair of calipers and it appears to be 35mm, or 1 3/8th inches.

Can anyone provide me with any info on this lens and whether any of the ETX camera adapters, or possibly the third party M35 to T2 adapters will fit this lens?

I would like to be able to find a 90 degree diagonal and 1.25" adapter and a camera adapter for this lens, for prime and terrestrial photography.

Thanks for any help.

cheers

Darryl

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

If memory serves me correctly the threads on the lens are the old m42 style that most dslrs used back then.I have the bosh and lomb version of that here.Its ok during bright light conditions but for darker conditions you need a longer exposure.I have NOT tried imaging through it though.I have other scopes with a faster f ratio I use in the 500 mm range.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

The threads of a M$@ style and t thread are very very close and you can screw a t thread to it if you are very careful with no ill effects to either thread.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#4 SointulArt

SointulArt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

If memory serves me correctly the threads on the lens are the old m42 style that most dslrs used back then.I have the bosh and lomb version of that here.Its ok during bright light conditions but for darker conditions you need a longer exposure.I have NOT tried imaging through it though.I have other scopes with a faster f ratio I use in the 500 mm range.

Thanks Mark. The diameter is 35mm though, not 42mm. I think I am going to pick up a M35 to T2 adapter and see if that will do the trick.

cheers

Darryl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users