1 reply to this topic

#1 gazergreg

gazergreg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLeesburg, VA

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

Has anyone had an issue with the scope failing to find home during startup? When I get to that stage the scope begins an RA slew and I actually have to turn off the power to avoid the scope hitting the tripod. I had this issue one time when I first got the scope last year and never again until yesterday where it now happens every time.

Is there anyway to not have the scope find home during the start up? If I hit the mode button 3-4 times I can also stop the runaway slew and I can access all other functions which seem to work.

Any thoughts? I searched the internet and saw one person who seemed to have this same issue but that blog had no replies. I tried turning off the home sensors in the autostar 2 setup/telescope menu but the scope still tries to find home on startup even after I turn them off.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2780 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hi Greg,

I don't have an LX 850, but that sounds like a level sensor issue.  I would call Meade Customer Support and talk to them about it, especially if your scope is still under warranty.  Their phone number is 1-800-626-3233.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users