• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ILGIANGIU

ILGIANGIU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

I found my old MEADE DS-60 in the attic and put it back together for the first time since elementary school. Aside from some missing pieces and dust I found ports on the side of the base for computer controls.

I found the manual for this model online:

http://www.meade.com...flectors/DS.pdf

Half way down page 17 there is a mention of using the #492 Dual-Motor Electronic Control System.

I cannot find information on what remote to use for this telescope specifically or any information within the manuals of the remote guides. It would be highly appreciated if anyone could help me with some information on this.

-GC

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2678 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

The current versions of handsets that I think will fit onto your scope are the 494 and 497.  All of the other model numbers listed in the instruction book have been discontinued.  Generally, any of the handsets for DS series scopes are interchangable.  The best place to look is on eBay.

I hope this helps,

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2678 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

After thinking about it a little, you might want to talk to Bill Vorce at Telescope-Warehouse.  He sells things on eBay and also has a website at www.telescope-warehouse.com.  He has a phone number where you can call him.  He might have one of the very simple controllers that just goes up, down, left, and right, but does not track across the sky or have any goto features.  It would be a lot cheaper than one of the other handsets to find out if your mount and motors are working.  Otherwise, a 494 handset is probably your best bet for this scope.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#4 ILGIANGIU

ILGIANGIU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Thank you very much! I will look into it as soon as possible and let you know what worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users