Photo

Spacing changed on newer focal reducers??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AstroOlly

AstroOlly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

Hi all,
I am new to this forum
I have an LX90 scope and wanted to get a focal reducer, but have been told that the newer ones have a shorter spacing needed from lens to sensor.
The older ones I was told needed around 105mm spacing, and the newer ones only around 50mm, is this correct??
If so how do,I know that I am buying one of the newer ones??
As it is the shorter spacing that would really suite my set up

Many thanks for your replies in advance

Olly
Meade LX90 8" Classic with Audiostar + Star GPS, ST80 Guide scope + Field Flattener, Celestron 6.3 FR, Meade 1209 electric focuser, Antares 8x50 RA Illuminated Finder, ASI120mc Camera, Canon 1000D astro modified DSLR, Meade DSI Pro III, QHY5II mono guide camera, Homemade Wedge, Homemade weight balance system, Homebuilt Pier, Astronomik EOS CLS clip LP filter, Astronomik UV & IR Cut filter, Astronomik Ha, OIII, SII Filters, Orion Deluxe filter set, Telvue 2x barlow, 24mm, 15mm, 8 to 24 mm zoom, 12mm illuminated eyepieces.
Visit: www.ollyspages.co.uk Email: astro@ollyspages.co.uk

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2953 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hello Olly,

Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure what you are referring to with new versus old focal reducers.  The only new ones that I know about are the proposed f/5.0 that is supposed to come out for the new LX 600 and 850 types that have shorter focal ratios than the more traditional f/10.  When those come out, they will not fit on an LX 90 scope.  The only focal reducers that I know about for an LX 90 are the f/6.3 (#07545) and the f/3.3 (#?).  If there have been any changes to these in the last few years, it has gone unannounced as far as I know.

Anyone else know anything about this that I don't?

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users