• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fabe

Fabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Don't know if this is the propor secton for this but I'm having some problems with my starNavigator .As the thread title says its not longer turning on. I've just put freash batteries in so I know its not that. The screen on my audiostar controller did break when I moved and while everything still worked even with out the screen one day it just stoped working. Does the telescope need a fully fuctional audio start to work and if it does is the audiostar controller currenly avalible in the meade online store compatible with the Starnavigator 102?

Attached Thumbnails

• audiostardamage.JPG

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2957 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

Hello Fabe,

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your AutoStar troubles.  Yes, the handset being sold by Meade is compatible with your mount.  Any of the handsets, 494, 497, AudioStar will work.  Just for grins, you might try plugging and unplugging the cord several times on both ends, just in case the trouble is a dirty contact.

Generally, the handsets are pretty durable, but accidents can happen that cause a failure.

Hope this helps,

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Fabe

Fabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

Thanks for the reply.  It's good to hear that I can still get a new handset for my Scope after playing around with things a bit I can now get the telescope to turn on. However it only turns on if I do not have the audiostar plugged in,if I try to turn it on with the handset nothing happens . If I plug in the unitwith the power already on, the red power light goes out. I guessing that is the telescopes way of telling me I need a new handset.

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2957 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Unfortunately, I think you are correct.  Something in the handset has shorted out or has simply broken.

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#5 Fabe

Fabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Well I rather pay $150 for a new handset then pay for a whole new telescope. Hopefully thats the only thing wrong,since I was only able to get the scope on a few times before it stopped again. There is a bit of corrosion in the battery case from leakage so I gave the terminals a cleaning so maybe that will help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users