2 replies to this topic

#1 John S.

John S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:18 AM

OUTSTANDING!!!! I have had my new scope for less than a week now and have put it through it's paces. This is my third scope, after having owned a 8 inch Meade Premier SCT and an ETX-90.
This beauty works flawlessly, GOTOs throughout the night are absolutely dead center with no drift, and this is Alt/AZ as well.
Slew commands from the Autostar are virtually instantaneous, with no noticible overshoot..I really haven't found a negative thing about it,..I think I am in love ;D.

Also to add a comment on the new Meade Series 5000 UW eyepieces, I own the 6.7 and 18mm. Superb is the word, a huge jump in visual quality beyond anything else I have tried. The only thing I noted is that although they fit perfectly into the standard star diagonal that came with the LX90, when you screw on a 1.25" filter onto the end, the eyepiece is too long and sits on the mirror. I have ordered the new  2" Series 5000 star diagonal so this should not happen.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

#2 Guest_rtanton_*

Guest_rtanton_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

Hi Jsokal,

You will be even happier with your 2" diagonal - the 1.25" is a prism and does contribute to light loss.

Russ

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:43 PM

Im glad you like your new telescope.
I know it will bring you years of enjoyment.
good luck and clear skies.

regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users