2 replies to this topic

#1 arnedani

arnedani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

Dear All,

This is my first posting to this forum. I have recently ordered a Meade 12” RCX400 and are expecting to take delivery sometime in August. In the meantime I will construct a traditional roll-off observatory in my backyard. I’m trying to figure out an optimal wall/pier height, but haven’t found any detailed measurements of the scope or wedge and was wondering if some other 12” RCX400 owners out there could help me out with this.

What I would like to know is;
1) The height from the bottom of the base to the top of the tube (not including the finder) when the scope is mounted in alt-az mode and is parked horizontally.
2) The height from the bottom of the wedge to the top of the tube (not including the finder) when the scope mounted in equatorial mode using a Meade UltraWedge (at lat. 60 degrees North) and is parked horizontally and facing South.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Best regards,
Arne
--
Arne Danielsen
Brages vei 2, 1540 Vestby, Norway
mailto:arne@astrophile.net
http://astrophile.net/
N59°36'18"  E10°45'40" A124m

#2 Guest_rtanton_*

Guest_rtanton_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

Welcome Arne,

I do not have all the data you requested (no wedge data) but will send you some 12" RCX dimensions directly  to your e-mail address as the file is too large to attach.

Russ

#3 arnedani

arnedani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:39 AM

Thanks Russ,

The info you provided on the 12” RCX is very useful! Now I only need to figure out how much height the Meade UltraWedge adds.

Best regards,
Arne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users