4 replies to this topic

#1 EventHorizon

EventHorizon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTempe, Arizona

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

I just got off the phone with Meade customer support and now I'm left scratching my head. I purchased this unit a while back and now was going to use it. What has me purplexed is the PDF manual shows a hand controller where you install 8 AAA batteries to power and control the ZSMFU for when you want to use the focuser without connecting it to the base and using goto remote, which is my case, CGEM-DX EM and my 12" AFC OTA. I bought the focuser because it showed that it had its own remote to run the focuser. I called Meade thinking it didn't ship or I lost it and could order a replacemnet, but the person on the phone didn't know what I was talking about even though it clearly shows it in the manual. Thus my question and this posting.

Is there a manual remote for my focuser which powers it and controls like it shows in the manual???

Help

Thanks..EH

#2 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

This focuser uses the Autostar hand controller -- it USED to have a separate unit to operate it, but now relies on Autostar.
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#3 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

The Meade controller was an optional extra for use with non-Meade mounts. Any DC focus controller will run that unit. Meade's and JMI's are common but primitive. The very best unit is the Rigel Systems unit, which is not expensive but works well.

#4 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

http://rigel.datacor...tor nfocus.html

#5 EventHorizon

EventHorizon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTempe, Arizona

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Thanks JR for the link, that will do the trick. I was going to make one but after seeing nfocus, that will be the best route to take.

Thanks again for every ones help and Merry Christmas.

Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users