• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnw

johnw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thought I'd start a new posting for this. I have previosuly mentioned that Starlock may not be 100% accurate at finding its target. I've tested mine a number of times (Southern hemisphere) and find it finds the right target about 80-90% of the time. When it doesn't it is way off, mainly because I think it is picking the wrong guide star to work its hp (high precision) mode on. Meade have told me that this is possible. To test this out, can I ask if you are in the southern hemisphere in particular to try out an object and report back. First test is the Taratula nebula - my starlock uses the star HIP120412 to locate this nebula. But is miles off putting it in the FOV everytime. Yet when I centre the nebula myself and use "Identify"it knows the object is the Taratula nebula. At the moment (Nov 2013) this object is high in the night sky.
Target: Tarantula nebula (in Large Magellanic cloud)
HP star: HIP120412.
Thank you.
  • deepwaterescue4u likes this

#2 Canopo100

Canopo100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

I live in Australia, I'm testing my LX850 Starlock system (same as LX600), but when connected to my laptop, I can not see any image coming from the Starlock. The red led is fix but no image on the screen or signal of autoguiding. I'd also tried to upgrade the firmware but I receive the message "Firmware Download Error". I'm currently running Starlock Utility V1.0j. What would be the right values to enter in 'Exposure', 'Zoom' and 'Contrast' to get and image? Any ideas on how to make Starlock work and upgrade the firmware? Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lx600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users