1 reply to this topic

#1 starman_uk

starman_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

Hi,

I wonder if I can get help on a technical query regarding my new LX90GPS Telescope.

I have been trying to get the Smart Finder to align with the telescope & it just does not seem to have enough travel to the right in order to get the red dot to centre with the target, the horizontal screw seems too short & comes out of the thread.

Should I be thinking about loosening the LNT mounting screws to adjust the unit a very small amount & if so does this mean that I will need to recalibrate the sensors as briefly discussed in the manual by re-aligning on Polaris? I am quite reluctant to carry out this procedure on a brand new telescope, but I just cannot get the smart finder to move adequately to the right! By the way the finder scope is aligned perfectly.

I look forward to any advice, apart from this minor problem (I hope!) I think the telescope is absolutely fantastic.

Malcolm

#2 John S.

John S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:41 AM

Hello Malcolm,
I too have just purchased a new LX90GPS yesterday. Can't say anything about having a problem centering the Smartfinder as the projection screen was not packed in the box,  :-\...vendor is ordering me one. That being said, have you contacted your vendor about this? It could be that the smartfinder was pushed to one side in shipment and as you have said may be too far to one side. If the vendor can't help I would carefully proceed as you have proposed. Re-calibrating the sensor is a very easy procedure that takes 5 minutes to do and btw you should do it periodically anyways as the geomagnetic pole shifts from time to time, and most certainly should be done when you take out the scope the first night. Hope you enjoy your "shiny new arrival"!

Cheers
John
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users