Photo

My RCX 14 has lost it's way please help.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jsefick

jsefick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

I received this scope used.. It worked find the first night in terms of finding aligment even fooled with park mode. I moved the scope tripod the second day so the control panel faces south like the manuel indicates. Now it seems the scope comes around to find home stops but does not indicate it found home reverses comes around toward the north than tries for level. but OTA wants to completely go thru the forks. I power off before I think damage will occur. This scope is heavy and I don't want to have to ship it to meade. If anyone can help I will owe you.

John

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2951 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hi John, and welcome to the forum!

I know nothing about your scope, but wanted to let you know that I am watching it for replies. There are not very many people with RCX scopes that read this forum, I think, but I sent a message to someone I have corresponded with before who has one. He is a truck driver and is on long hauls, so I do not have any idea when/if he will respond.

Hopefully, someone else who has a scope like yours will respond.

Best Regards,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

The aspects you describe aren't particular to the RCX; any LX200GPS or later has the same hardware/firmware for those functions. If you don't get answers here you can ask in the more highly-populated boards for those models.

It sounds like your "level" switch is stuck. That does occasionally happen. If you leave it powered down and release the clutch, you can manually rotate the tube through level and when doing so, you should be able to hear the switch "click". If you hear it, you may be able to clear it by moving through the switch activation position a few times. If you don't hear it you may need to open the fork arm to inspect it.

#4 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

I thought the fork mounts had to have the control panel on the north side of the mount so that the operator (on the north side if the scope) is facing south.
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#5 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

I thought the fork mounts had to have the control panel on the north side of the mount so that the operator (on the north side if the scope) is facing south.

He is in alt/az. The LX200 Classics worked as you describe, but everything from the LX200GPS forward uses the opposite configuration in alt/az.

#6 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

in polar mode on a wedge control panel faces north so you will stand there loot at the panel and look straight to the shouh.In alt az mode contrul panel.faces south if my menory serves me right.
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users