• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scypher

scypher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

My autosuite does not run my dsi. It has the dsi software but does not access it. The computer recognizes it. wondering if the drivers are corrupted. Unfortunately I have lost my disk. This is one of the original 2003 cameras. Hasn't had any use. Shortly after getting it we quite astronomy for a few years now are getting back into it. Can anyone email the drivers to me?

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2680 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Go to the www.meade.com website, customer support tab, downloads, and download envisage software. This will control your DSI. I have it working on an XP machine.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 scypher

scypher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

Thanks, I had downloaded it before and it didn't work. I downloaded it again and reinstalled and was able to get it to work then.

#4 JerseyBill

JerseyBill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

Hi. I have been trying to get a DSI Pro working on an old laptop that runs Windows XP. The PC sees the camera but cannot find the driver. I have downloaded Envisage 7.05 from the Meade site and can open it  -  but do not have a clue how to "drive it". The PC still says it cannot find the driver when I plug the camera in. So I have two problems -

1. I cannot get my XP PC to connect to the DSI camera

2. I do not know how to drive the Envisage software or where to find the instructions.

Please help!

Thanks.

#5 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2680 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

Hi JerseyBill,

I have had envisage running on a laptop with XP, but that laptop died and my experience level is not much more than I just stated.  I hope some of the other people who know this software can speak up.  Personally, my computer came up, saw the device, and had no problem with it.  I am not sure what the difference is between your computer and mine.  Another thought, you might check out Mike Weasner's, "The Mighty ETX" site.  I am assuming that it is still there.  It has a lot of good information about a lot of things and may have information about the DSI Pro.

Hope this helps!

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#6 JerseyBill

JerseyBill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:19 AM

Hi Bill.

Many thanks for your comment and advice re Mike's site - I'll have a look at that. It was good of you to point me in that direction and to have replied; much appreciated!

And an update - Mike's site is still there; he says on it that he has stopped updating it and providing technical advice as of Aug 2013, but he will keep the site up and available to those who need it. Thanks, again, for pointing me in that direction!

Best Regards,

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users