• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 moxxyman

moxxyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Before I bought my 12" LX600, I had a number of Meade accessories I purchased for my LX200GPS. The old telescope has since been sold on, but I was curious to know if my two Meade reducers still had a future with my new LX600. Anybody have any information on this??Clear skies. Wayne (UK)

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

I believe the new scopes that are f/8 different, in terms of dimensions. The ones for an LX 200 will not fit. I was cautioned against purchasing one of the newer focal reducers for my LS because they would not fit. My LS takes the same threaded reducers as the LX 200.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

The rear cell threads are the same, but the optics of the F8 lx600/850 are different than thatoif the LX 200. The reducer may not be coma free. I have the same reducer, but haven't true it yet.
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#4 ricmarti

ricmarti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

I am new to the forum so I am sorry if I missed any conclusion to this topic. I am about to order a 12 inch lx600 but I had planned on using the .63 reducer with a camera. If Meade does not make a reducer for the lx600 then does anybody now of someone else make a focal reducer?

#5 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Meade was planning a unique adapter that fit inside the tube, not at the rear. I am going to try the reducer I have in a few weeks -- It may be an issue for me due to the length of the camera/filter wheel/adaptive optics/event horizon focuser -- adding the reducer may make it impossible to reach focus at that point. That was the beauty of what Meade had planned -- it would not have added to the back-focus.
It may not be dead yet - we'll have to wait and see.
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users