3 replies to this topic

#1 iankremlin

iankremlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hi,
Would like to know if the starnavigator 102 refractor GOTO system has a low battery alarm? I cant find any in the manual. I just noticed that during the alignment once its slews to the first star it resets. I also noticed that during slewing, the LED of the autostar handle gets dim before it resets, but i didnt get any alarm?

It seems it really drains battery fast, so am planning on an external power supply, I understand that The Meade #546 AC Adapter is compatible with this scope.

Ian

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

I think you are correct on no battery alarm. The Meade power supply that works on a DS 102 mount is the one that has snap-on contacts, like on a 9 volt battery.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 iankremlin

iankremlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Thanks MistrBadgr.
I connected it to the #546 but after long slew it freezes and hangs, Now it wont turn left only up down and right. Any attemps on pressing the cursor to turn left results in dimming, freezing and rebooting. Tried both with adpater and battery, same results. hence I cant get to align or use its slew. Is my motor damaged here or autostar bios corrupted?

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Ian,

What I know I posted on one of the posts above. Unless there is a contact issue or the equivalent of a contact in the brains of the scope, I there is a good possibility that the issue is mechanical. Hopefully, the issue is at the bolt I talk about. If the issue is internal and the scope is still under warranty, then I would call Meade Customer Support and get an exchange of some sort.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users