#21 Sandy_Gazer

Sandy_Gazer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

You must feel like a lottery winner!
You are very very lucky!

"if indeed any of this thread is filtering back to the company, and I sincerely hope it is,"

>:( ;D >:( ;D >:( ;D >:( ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
That's a good one! You really cracked me up. Thanks.

#22 Guest_Qgent_*

Guest_Qgent_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:32 PM

Well, I won the price today.

I had call Customer Solutions Dept. 3 days in a row  ( Monday- Wed) Wed. I got lucky after 35 minutes listening to the wonderful music a voice came thru. At 1:56 pm
I explained to the Customer solutions guy that I needed the RTA for my ETX-70, He asked me what is an RTA? OK.. Right Tube Adapter, he explained to me that the ETX-70 was discontinued and they don’t carry parts for it anymore.. OK I replied that I needed to buy the same item for my ETX-90. He told me that this item will not fit the ETX-90, the tubes are not the same. (Pause, from me) I said no,no no I need a right tube adapter for the 90. He asks. Left or right side. I froze. Maybe he did not hear what I just said.
I reply the side that locks to the forks. He replied that both sides lock to the fork.
Ok I want the adapter that has I key on it.  Left or right, I don’t want to send you the wrong item.. Ok what’s the left or right of the telescope? He replied, It is your telescope.
Hello?  Never mind, I need tripod legs for the #884 field tripod. Do the bolts come with the legs? No. just the legs, you don’t have the bolts? Nope. You know, you are better off buying the new tripod. So is better for me to spend $200.00 plus shipping than to spend $75 for the tripod legs? Oh no, with the bolts it will probably run you over $100.00… That broke the camels back and I lost my mind because I hang-up the telephone.

Nope. (I wish that I making this up) YOu can call, my conversation was recorded
Maybe I reached the wrong person, maybe he was there visiting a friend and pick the phone up becuase it was ringing for so long.  or maybe he did not wanted to sell me anything under $200.00
Or mybe he was 4 years old.. ;D

#23 der_fisherman

der_fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:38 AM

On reading the customer relation problem letter, it would appear that Meade does not even read these pages....how bloody sad!
They could learn a lot from you Guys....

#24 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2960 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:36 PM

If you read some of the other strings, you can get indications that they do.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#25 bear

bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:44 AM

I too am a FORMER anger management candidate when it comes to Customer service.  My first dealing with them was a disgrace....I was pissed and frustrated.....However the last time I called David was courteous, prompt, and took a long time with me on the phone to make sure that we were all on the same page.  I did speak to him about the problems that I had had with the previous episode, and he apologised on behalf of Meade and told me that they (Meade) were trying to improve on that.  Before he hung up with me he gave me a tracking number, incident number and a direct extension number to reach him.  He call 2 days later to see if I had recieved the UPS return Sticker.  Now that is customer service.  As the saying goes...You catch more bees with honey than vinegar...so put your self in their shoes...each individule that answers the phone is trying to do his or her best....taking out your frustrations on them is NOT the answer...Give credit where credit is due..they are trying to do better....So my point is instead of bitching about the problem...become part of the solution......Clear skies.....Jim

#26 gordo

gordo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:06 AM

We purchased a Meade telescope for our son's 9th birthday. There were two manufacturing flaws in the counterweight and and an adjustment screw. So, the end result is we cannot use it for the purpose it was purchased. We received a service request approval on May 31, 2007 via email, but nothing since.

For those who have dealt with Meade, what is the normal response? 3 months, 6 months? Because this was an entry level model suitable for a novice, the quantity produced would ensure a reasonable supply of replacement parts. I too find their Customer Solutions Department's lack of response to be abhorent. I would gladly pay more up front for a better experience.

I have dealt with meade waiting a least 2 months for a return email, 1 1/2 months now for them to return my phone call and now been almost a week for the super to return a phone call.  Need answer to screws size on a 10"lxd piggy back mount, does all the cables for connecting a computer to the net come with the camera that has been on order since May. they keep telling the dealer it is in the shipment but never shows, wish I never bought meade there service sucks.

#27 Guest_Qgent_*

Guest_Qgent_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:47 PM

frustrations on them is NOT the answer...Give credit where credit is due..they are trying to do better....So my point is instead of bitching about the problem...become part of the solution......Clear skies.....Jim

I wish I could be part of the solution, but I don't have the time to spend 45 minutes on hold, listening to music that I don't like. Maybe the guy that answered the phone was angry with the previous caller who maybe just maybe was on hold for 45 minutes ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users