4 replies to this topic

#1 MUKESH

MUKESH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Hello ,

I have had an earlier model of EXT 125 for a number of years, hardly used as I was going to make this a hobby after retirement. Very little used instrument.

Gone to use it recently and found Alt motor not operating properly.The Alt motor chassis is made from some plastic material and recently has been declared as cracked and beyond repair by authorised agent in UK.

Does anyone know of a replacement for this part ?

Thanking you for your assistance.

Mukesh

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hello Mukesh! Welcome to the forum!

Parts are really not available, unless someone has salvaged out another unit. Depending on where the crack is, they can sometimes be glued together and then reinforced with a glued on small strip of wood.

I have no idea who might have a salvaged piece like that in the UK. Someone in the US that might know is Bill Vorce at www.telescope-warehouse.com. His email address is scopehed@frontiernet.net.

Hope this helps,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Pentax Syntax

Pentax Syntax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hi Mukesh,

My azimuth motor died last year and I ended up mounting my ETX-125 on a Celestron SE 6/8 mount. Makes a nice GOTO package. Hope you can repair yours.

John

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2366 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:22 AM

Best option is to strip it off of the original mount and add it to a different gem mount.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#5 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:08 AM

You might be able to mount it on an AutoStar mount with the mount ring for a DS-2130.  You might have to pad a little bit under the ring if it is a little bit loose.  However, it may be a good fit.  This is a single arm rig and actually easier to get to the focus knob and things like that when looking overhead.....I think.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users