#1 cgordo5

cgordo5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hi,

I could never get the polar drift alignment to work on my 10" LX600. It would slew and search repeatedly, but never finish. I called Luis at Meade about this and he sent me a document (attached) on how to resolve this. The short answer is that the issue is caused by the Starlock narrow angle camera being out of focus. I followed the directions in the document and the polar drift alignment started working for me.

Unfortunately, my house is just tall enough to block the eastern target for the second half of the drift alignment, but at least I was able to get the azimuth alignment done.

Charles

Attached Files

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

There's a function in the Starlock utility that permits you to watch as you focus and avoid the trial and error - but it is irritating to use because the download time per frame is long.

#3 cgordo5

cgordo5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yes, I tried that but it's very difficult to judge the image sharpness. The image didn't really change much when I changed the Starlock narrow angle camera focus. The method in the document worked better.

Also, by moving my telescope position a bit the polar alignment is now able to analyze stars the east and I got a complete alignment which was pretty good. I was able to get some 5 minute exposures with slight or none apparent tracking error. I think it still may be necessary to do a little manual drift alignment even after using the telescope drift alignment.

Charles

#4 bamejer

bamejer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:06 AM

I haven't had any luck with the link for the STARLOCK OUT OF FOCUS pdf.  Can someone upload it again?

Jerry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lx600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users