• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maupome

maupome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

I am not sure if I need to do something before or just take out the telescope from its case and use it. I am afraid that my telescope may need some kind of maintenance before.

The main problem is that I am living in a place that used to generate a lot of dust due to houses being built. Is there any advice on this matter?

Thanks

Rodolfo

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Rodolfo,

I don't think there is much you can do before you turn it on, other than maybe wipe it down on the outside with a slightly damp cloth, just to pick up any loose dust, but not on the lens. Then, put in fresh batteries or plug in a power supply and turn it on and see what happens.

If lubrication has slowly moved due to gravity, the scope might need to excersize some.

Once the scope has opened itself and gone through its routines, you might want to blow it down with some compressed air, if you have it, just to get any dust off of things.

You may need to retrain the drives and recenter the object in the center of your field of view, but that is about all I can think of.

Holler back if you have any problems. If we don't have an answer, we can at least sympathize.

Best Regards,

Bill Steen
  • maupome likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 ed.ves.g

ed.ves.g

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

I would think you would just need to train the drives and calibrate sensors, probably you can go through the finder center and dark frame calibration options on the hand controller.
  • maupome likes this

#4 maupome

maupome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thanks all of you for your advice ... I will do it on Saturday
I will let you know how it works

Regards
Rodolfo
  • maupome likes this