• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 johnof35

johnof35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

Just recieved my LX 90 8 inch GPS with a Meade electric focuser #1206 that plugs into my Meade accessory port module #909 and that plugs into my Aux port on the control pannel. Qustion, How do I get my Autostar hand controller to control focuser?
  • Bluheneni likes this

#2 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

I don't think you can. The 1206 focuser was made for the LX3, LX5, LX6, LX100 and LX200 series telescopes. I have one for my LX200 -- it is operated via the LX200 hand controller, which is much different than the Autostar controller.

I see that the 909 adapter supports AutoStar for focuser, and the autostar-II that came with the LX850 provides for focusing via "Press Number key “4” to access the
Focus menus."

Autostar 494 does not appear to support an electric focuser, and I couldn't download the Autostar 497 manual from the Meade site (not sure why - starts to download, but never finishes).
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#3 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

I was able to get the AutoStar 497 manual, the only reference to 'Focus' in it was via the Mode key (Telescope Status), not sure if that actually works the focuser. The electric focuser I have with my ETX-90 has a separate hand control for it -- I wonder if that is what is expected with the 909 adapter...
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

#4 johnof35

johnof35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Also downloaded manual, and YES it works! Hold MODE key down 2 sec. and it automatically goes to ffocus and using the up/down arrows moves focuser. Also has speed control.

Thanks for the feedback.

#5 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

Glad to hear that. That's the problem with some older Meade equipment (I guess that goes for any if them) the equiemt quickly gets 'functionally stabilized' (no fixes, no one has any knowledge, no parts).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users