3 replies to this topic

#1 tlwarnke

tlwarnke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

Had my LX600 out the other night for some visual observing. Looked at many objects and the LX600 put things in or nearly in the center of the eyepiece using Starlock. However, just before shutting things down I thought I would take a look at Polaris. I wanted to see if I could separate the double star. To my surprise Polaris was not in the eyepiece and to a bigger surprise not even in the finder scope. Anyone have an idea as to what happened here? I would have thought that using Starlock things would, at least, be close as they were when observing other objects.

Terry

#2 FrankM

FrankM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

Did you go through the Calibrate Sensor routine? It asks you to center Polaris, then wants to do another auto alignment..

#3 tlwarnke

tlwarnke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

Don't think you do a calibrate sensors in polar mode. I could be wrong though. Don't know why everything else is spot on.

Terry

#4 tksamac

tksamac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

This looks similar to a problem I am having with my LX600 I picked up this weekend. The first night we never got it polar aligned with the x-wedge but lets save that story...
We took off the xwedge and set everything back to alt-az and got it that alignment working but when I chose to look at Saturn, it found it just fine but it drifted away in less than a minute out of the FOV of the eyepiece and the finder scope. I am tried the calibrate portion but doubt I did it correctly. There needs to be a good starlock thread because I think this is the issue. How to do this in alt-az and polar in better detail would be nice

Terry McLean

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lx600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users