#1 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hi all,

After receiving my brand new LX90 12" ACF, I've gone through the initialization of the AudioStar, gone to the EASY ALIGN but the step "Getting GPS Fix" is skipped over.

Thinking that I had done something wrong during the setup; I RESET the unit and started over. When I did this, and was going through the steps I was asked to enter my ZIP or CITY, DATE and TIME. I thought with the GPS this would not be needed. Anyway, as I continued through the initialization process, again the GPS Fix was skipped over. I continued on with the EASY ALIGN, although I am inside and it's daylight. After completion, I asked the scope to GOTO the moon, which it seems to have slewed to near correct position. That was somewhat a relief.

I decided to go through the menu to SELECT ITEM: Utilities and GPS. GPS was not there. I have read on another forum that if the unit does not detect the GPS unit the menu item will not display, and I assume also this is why the GPS Fix step is also skipped over.

I say all this to ask if there is anything that I can check on or in the scope... battery wiring, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Keith
  • RickScofield likes this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2952 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

I would call customer support and ask them. They are pretty much up on the newer scopes.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

In case you didn't get this solved, it's a setup parm in that you tell your LX90 when to start the GPS process. I think if you step through UTILITIES you will find GPS after CORD WRAP press ENTER and roll through your options and press ENTER when you find the GPS option that suits you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users