• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stingray

stingray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

I just bought a lx200gps 10" scope on ebay and discovered the mirror lock doesn't work and the manual focuser also doesn't work at all...I dought the person will take it back (and I really don't care to return it...lots of extras),

What I need to know is , would it be wise to send it to Meade for a checkout and repair or does anyone know if there is a reputable repair facility I might send it to?
Stingray

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

You might call Meade Customer Support and get an idea of the turnaround time, if they can give you an estimate. Remember, it is only an estimate.

There are others that do work on these scopes. There is a fellow, Ron Sampson, rsampsonus@yahoo.com, I think, who works on LX 200 classics and may be able to work on yours.

Bill Steen
  • stingray likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 stingray

stingray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

You might call Meade Customer Support and get an idea of the turnaround time, if they can give you an estimate. Remember, it is only an estimate.

There are others that do work on these scopes. There is a fellow, Ron Sampson, rsampsonus@yahoo.com, I think, who works on LX 200 classics and may be able to work on yours.

Bill Steen

Thanks much for this info..I will emember this in the future however I decided to call meade and talk to them ...I was impressed with the guy I talked with and very through.I just shipped my scope to them..the price was reasonable I thought....as far as a time estimate I really don't care that much so we will see.
I will followup on this when I get the scope back
thanks again
Stingray
  • stingray likes this

#4 stingray

stingray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

I just bought a lx200gps 10" scope on ebay and discovered the mirror lock doesn't work and the manual focuser also doesn't work at all...I dought the person will take it back (and I really don't care to return it...lots of extras),

What I need to know is , would it be wise to send it to Meade for a checkout and repair or does anyone know if there is a reputable repair facility I might send it to?
Stingray

Just got word my scope is about to ship...no extra charges so turnaround was about a monehif it isn't right I will add more to this thread.

#5 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the update!

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#6 stingray

stingray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

I started this thread and just wanted to touch on a few things

I got my scope back and hand controler had a blank screen so contacted suport and they sent me two new cables and a new hand set..worked perfect and they wouldn't take bck the extra cables or the un-operative hand set

couldn't be happier...thanks Meade guys!!

#7 d33d0gg

d33d0gg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

That good to hear, glad you are back in business.

Daniel
--------
LX200GPS 12"

LX80
ETX90

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users