• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sk1212000

sk1212000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Less than a month with the lx600 and am already dealing with a technical fault. When trying to do the full auto alignment the scope keeps running into an error with north and level sensors. I think the issue is with the level sensor. The scope starts to rotate downward and every time tries to keep rotating past maximum and then get a message on the hand controller about the sensor error. I have tried starting the alignment procedure with the ota level and pointed north, pointed vertically straight up, at 45 degrees but nothing seems to make a difference

Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I am dreading having to deal with meade support given the experience I have heard and read from others. The online FAQ is a joke and hardly and they don't take email queries.

I read on a different forum that in the lx200 on the bottom of the fork arm on the side with the GPS unit..if you remove the panel you can see the sensor board. I figure the Lx600 should be similar..However on my lx600 more poor quality and workman issues..that bottom panel doesn't pop out and seems to be stuck because the groove rail wasn't finished smoothly...

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide

#2 croessus

croessus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

I don't have an LX600 but since no one has yet responded I thought I would reply and give you some ideas. Let's assume you don't have faulty GPS/Leveling sensors. It wasn't clear what mode you are in (Alt-Az or Polar). You may want to check that first to make sure you are in the correct mode. If not outside go outside and perform the procedure. You may want to also check your power. Try AC instead of batteries. Sometimes batteries just don't get the job done even when fully charged. You may try updating the firmware on your Autostar controller. I think Meade has already put out an update for the LX600. There should be some sensor calibration settings from the controller as well as a full reset setting along with one called GPS fix. You may want to consult your manual on these and judge for yourself if you think they may help. Sorry I can't be of more help to you and give you a definite fix for the problem.

#3 johnw

johnw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hi, I have a LX600 and use it in alt az mode - I experienced the same problem (LNT error) the first time I used my scope. Had to send it back to the dealer, who switched wires around and replaced logic board. It worked for them, came back to me, and I still had the error - but tapped on the side of the left fork a few times and it came good. Has worked OK several time since - not sure if the problem will return. A bit frustrating for a new scope.
Suspect a faulty sensor or loose connection somewhere. I live in the southern hemisphere - poor instructions or none for use in the south.
Another problem I have found is that the Starlock unit has to be moved as far forward as possible to avoid ones head hitting it when viewing - it really gets in the way when viewing overhead objects. Cheers.

#4 johnw

johnw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

My problem with LNT is solved. Meade and my local dealer were able to supply new connection leads and sensor board for the left arm fork. Problem has not reoccurred. However I would say to others that you need to make sure the connection cables between the upper and lower forks are secure and not loose. Cheers.

#5 pastordad

pastordad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

I would put that as a +1 in the reasons to buy local column...glad to hear its fixed. I'm hoping all the bugs are worked out by the time I'm ready to buy one...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lx600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users