• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bonze

bonze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Does anyone know the instrument clearances for the LX600s when pointed toward the pole? Is there going to be room for a significant camera, etc.? Or will we have to be careful to avoid swinging the scope through the pole position when it is fully loaded? For the 12" in particular.

Also, can we hear some more reviews from those who already have the scope?

Thanks.
  • Bluheneni likes this

#2 tlwarnke

tlwarnke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Before I had to send the base back for repair I had the chance to try some photography. If you don't add and electronic focuser or filters you should be OK. Used a 7D and t-mount. Did not try anything close to the pole but it seemed to have clearance.

Terry

#3 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

It's all based on the camera and other thugs you out there. A filter wheel can add a bit, i had an LX200 classic, with camera, filter wheel and adoptive optics, I couldn't slew vetoing 58degrees, and did hit the base a few times by mistake. That's why I went for the LX 850
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users