• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arthur

Arthur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

Can I fit the Meade f6.3 Field Reducer to an ETX-105 scope? Also, what extra adapters might I need to fit a DSI II to the Field Reducer?
Arthur Rees

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2955 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

Hello Arthur,

The Meade f/6.3 focal reducer has standard SCT threads on it with a captive threaded collar on one end. This collar threads onto the threads on the back of the scope, then the original connecting piece that the diagonal uses can thread onto the available end of the focal reducer. The focal reducer is built with correction into it to offset additional field distortion around the edges of the telescope field of a standard SCT scope. It is not really built for the new ACF scopes, but can be used with one for reasonable views.

As far as using it on an ETX, I am not sure. The EXT is not quite the same type of telescope, therefore I do not know if the correction in the focal reducer is reasonable for use on your scope. I believe the threads are different on the back of your ETX and I have not heard of an adapter, even though there may very well be one out there. I think it would be nice if a focal reducer can be used on an ETX.

Hopefully, someone who knows more about ETX scopes can post to either confirm my suspicions or correct my statements. I will watch this post and see if a knowledgable answer is posted.

Best Regards,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 gunfighter48

gunfighter48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

I downloaded the manual for the ETX series and it doesn't appear that the f/6.3 reducer will mount to it. There is a photo port on the back that's made to take an accessory T adapter for attaching a cameras. Give Meade customer support and asked them if it will fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users