• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ike

Ike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

I would like my wife be able move setup the telescope, I would like her to be able to control and view the results from the telescope on her lap top or tablet.
I was looking at the Meade ETX-90AT Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope and Meade #505 AstroFinder Software and Cable Connector Kit for ETX 90/105/125/LX90 Telescopes.
The ETX 90 is pricey for what I think she will actualy do with the telescope. She has a bad back so bending to look in the eye peice causes her issues as with the very cheep telescope we currently have.
I amy looking for any suggestion as what to buy that may not only less exspevice but also a better fit for her application. She likes to look at the stars and constilations .......
I am sure she would love the option of beging able save images the things she sees through the telescope.

Ike

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hello Ike!

Welcome to the forum!

Getting into the part where you get images onto a computer is where things get pricey, even more than the scope and eyepieces.

Even though you may be able to hook the scope up to a computer and make it move around, taking images is a completely different thing and expands the whole operation as well as the money involved.

To explore a little farther, what scope do you currently have?

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Philip Pugh

Philip Pugh

Sir Philip Pugh, AKA Astrochav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationBased in South West England and Wales

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'd look at a small refractor like a Startravel 80. Very portable and great for widefield views of the star clusters. It isn't so good for the planets but you cannot have everything in one 'scope, which is what I tell my Mrs when she questions why I need 5, not to mention 3 pairs of binoculars.
  • Zeus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users