3 replies to this topic

#1 dogeddie

dogeddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hello,
I have a used ETX that came with Autostar Suite and an LPI camera. I am trying to find out if it is Windows 7 64 bit compatible. From what I see, it looks like Auotostar Suite is compatible with a Meade software patch, but the LPI is not. Is this correct?
Thanks
  • HaumeTutrat likes this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

The LPI was discontinued some time ago. Conventional wisdom is that AutoStar software is compatible only with Windows XP. However, I have heard that some people have gotten it to work on Windows 7 in a compatibility mode. There are no 64 bit versions of either AutoStar or LPI drivers that I have heard about. The AutoStar Updater is supposed to be usable now on Windows 7.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 dogeddie

dogeddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

http://www.meade.com.../downloads.html

Thanks Bill - I was referring to this Meade page, but it is unclear just what is what based on their verbage

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Yes, that is the AutoStar Updater program. It is supposed to run on Windows 7 only. It will definitely not run on my XP machine.

I have been thinking about this a little. Some of the other independent software out there may be able to run on Windows and take pictures with the LPI. I am not sure if Envisage will. It might be worth checking around. However, it might be cheaper to go buy a used computer with XP on it that buy some other software.

Bill
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users