Photo

Im having issues on alignment. Scope does not stop slewing.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mad_Stars

Mad_Stars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hi I just got my LX80 10inch a week ago and It was working fine untill last night. I set it up at around 9pm in the alt/az mode did the easy alignment on 2 stars then started tracking the moon, all was well. Then as it got darker and more stars came out I decided to track jupiter, I went to do another alignment as more stars were visible, I turned the mount off, re-positioned it to the home location on magnetic north and turned it back on, then set it to do a easy alignment like usuall, except this time it did not stop "slewing" for the first alignment star, it turned to the right for a moment and then kept spinning on the up/down axis untill I turned it off because I thought something was wrong. I turned it off/on again and did the normal setup as per the instruction manual, I checked the locks they were fine then I decided to just manually track the moon, the up/down axis was super fast while the left/right axis was normal, its as if the up/down was stuck at maximum speed and I could only change the left/right speed with the 1-9 keys. I tried going into the settings and doing a reset and reconfiguring the options but the problem persisted.

Can anyone help? I dont know meades support email or I would contact them as well...

Thanks in advance.
  • mennaniurnnut, ScoodoOptob, CavivaCek and 5 others like this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2825 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

You really need to contact Meade Customer Support. Do not mess with it yourself or you will be messing with your warranty.

You have to call them at 800-626-3233. They do not have email that you can send in a message to.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users