• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dgregory

dgregory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I was attempting to set up my scope last night and ran into a dead end. I have a 12" LX200 GPS it appears to start just fine but when it gets to the press 0 for alignment or mode it stops. If I press 0 the light dims and then nothing. If I press Mode the light dims and then nothing. At this point pushing other buttons has no effect although I am able to move the scope with the arrow buttons.

Thanks for any help Dave

#2 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

First thing that comes to my mind is some kind of power issue. May I ask, what is your power source, batteries, 12 volt car adapter or AC converter?
Russell Hurlbert

#3 dgregory

dgregory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

I am using an AC converter.

#4 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Have you tried with an alternate power source? If not, it may be worth a try. I have never had that problem (at least that I can remember), so I am just guessing.
Russell Hurlbert

#5 dgregory

dgregory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I will give it a try. Thanks

#6 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

OK, I am the Master of the Obvious, and this is probably not the problem, but worth a look. Is the cord between hand controller and scope seated properly? Have you looked at the contacts in the controller and scope to make sure there are no bent pins?
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#7 dgregory

dgregory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

I have checked the connections and they appear to be fine.

#8 engelda

engelda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Having just chased a variety of gremlins in my LX200GPS w/ Autostar II ... with no success for hours. I swapped ends of the cord on the Autostar II and it worked just fine. Sounds goofy ... but try it!

#9 dgregory

dgregory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

I think I just got the problem fixed. I have been doing everything mentioned in the replies and am now able to get an alignment completed by going through the mode route. It still will not respond to the zero button. Thanks to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users