• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigSky757

BigSky757

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

Slowly (but surely) setting up my 6" ACF SCT on an LX80 in Equitorial mode for astrophotography. Has anyone attempted installing a polar alignment scope on an LX80? JMI has one but refers to other Meade mounts. My overall impressions of the LX80 are very good so far. Fortunately, the weather here in the boonies of Montana is making me wait for clear skies and bearable temperatures for viewing but it does provide lots of time to practice with the new equipment and alignments, camera focus/setup, etc, etc. My setup to date consists of the OTA (from an older LT60 alt/az mount), Starshoot autoguider & Starshoot G3 on off-axis guider, and a Crayford focuser. Everything is 2" except for the connection to the autoguider.
  • skiliaBam, KaniAtoni, mennaniurnnut and 2 others like this

#2 twilightmoons

twilightmoons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

What I did is set up Sky Safari on my tablet to display the view from my scope and a 10mm ortho with illuminated crosshairs. I was able to find Polaris easily, lock the scope down at 90 degrees, and then use the adjustments to move the mount until the view in the eyepiece matched where CNP was on my tablet (reversing as needed). I could then swing to the ecliptic and test the tracking, to see how "off" I was. Worked well, until my mount stopped working right...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users