#21 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Glad to know nothing was damaged, I was hoping that was the case. But that must have made your heart drop when you first heard about your package being left in the rain.

My diagonal and 24 mm came yesterday. I haven't had a chance to really put it through the paces but I did get some short looks and I am very pleased so far. Waiting for the 30 mm.
Russell Hurlbert

#22 ka1bqp

ka1bqp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hello all,

I sprung for the sweet diagonal deal last month, as well as the HD 5000 set. I think I'll have to pass on the 30 mm. I had to wait about two weeks for the diagonal and the 24 mm, they haven't seen first light, yet. Maybe tonight. I am very pleased with the 5000 HD series, they are certainly a step up from the 4000 I started with.

Greetings to everyone on the board as this is my first post.
Matt,

8" LX200ACF
DSI
Canon Rebel XT DSLR

#23 d33d0gg

d33d0gg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

I don't have any of the 5k HD pieces, but the 5k uwa 24mm is pretty awesome.

Daniel
--------
LX200GPS 12"

LX80
ETX90

#24 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Matt, greetings to you and welcome. I'm glad you are enjoying those HDs. I've never looked through any, but they looked like they were pretty nice. I too started with some series 4000 pieces, I got my 8" LX200 GPS in 2005. After some time I picked up a series 5000 8.8 mm and was impressed. But with a chance to get the 2" diagonal and the 24 mm, well, what could I do?

Part of the reason I got my scope in the first place was I enjoyed people's reaction to looking through a good scope for the first time. So, these 2" pieces will help with the "wow!" effect.
Russell Hurlbert

#25 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2749 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hi Matt!

Welcome from me as well. I have been very curious about the HD series as well. With me recent feeding frenzy for the UWA series, they are out of reach for me....at least for a while. (smile) I have an LS 8 ACF. The 24 mm is really nice. You will enjoy it. It also works well with a focal reducer. For me, I have been using an f.6.3 reducer with the good diagonal from the deal, then a 1.5 inch extension tube to increase the focal reduction. Ended up with some wonderful wide views out of my SCT. The pupil size is a bit large for my eyes, making the center of the image darker, but the view was still great.

Have fun with yours!

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users