• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dogeddie

dogeddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hi, does anyone have any info as in a manual or install instructions they would care to share? I have a used scope and would like to know how to adjust it, remove it, etc. Thanks

#2 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Not sure why you would remove it. If it is already installed on the scope, then all you need is the LX200 manual to see how to use it.

It is controlled via the LX200 hand controller -- there is a Focus button (I believe it is key 5 -- you press that key and the up/down keys to activate it. The LX200 Classic manual is still on the Meade website.

I have one on my LX200-classis, and have used it for nearly 15 years -- never had an issue with it. Manual focusing shakes the tube alot -- though not perfect, the electric focuser has less shake...
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#3 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Forgot to mention, the cord that is attached to the focuser gets pluggedd into the scope base -- a port is labeled 'Focuser'
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#4 dogeddie

dogeddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thanks. The 1205 is run with a separate handset controller. I never use it and dislike alot of cords in my way. My question is in looking for the operating instructions, which show a schematic of the install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users