• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chemman

chemman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

So when I try to use "Product Updates" under the Telescope menu in Meade Autostar Suite I recieve the AU error: "An invalad Argument was encountered" after clicking "OK" in that popup window I recieve a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error to the effect: this program has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way" "please contact the application's support team for more information"

I get the same error if I am on my windows 7 hexacore or my dualcore Vista laptop.

Anyone have any suggestions, Meade Tech Support didn't have much for me.

tia

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

If you are using the version of AU that came with the scope, you might need to download the latest version from www.meade.com. I am not positive, but I think the "Invalid Argument thing has been fixed. However, I am not anywhere near as knowledgable as others.

Additionally, as I understand things, the AU and Autostar must be run in 32 bit mode with Windows 7. As far as I know, it will not run at all with Vista. It was designed for previous versions of Windows, such as XP.

The is probably not what you want to hear, but it is the best that I know.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 chemman

chemman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

So I just downloaded the latest verision AU 6.0.0 and ran as administrator and in windows XP SP2 mode, same result as listed above.

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Bill: Scratches head.

Anyone out there with any other ideas?

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic