• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smvallee

smvallee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Dear friends. I own an ETX90 since a loong time ago.

Now, after some years observing, I am starting out in prime focus astrophotography (well, when I am out of the city...)

I already own the #64 T-Adapter for my camera (tried it on the Jupiter occultation last month... I am one of the lucky guys living in South America where the occultation was visible!), and was reading that a good thing to add to a generic telescope-camera would be a Focal Reducer such as this one offered by Meade.

The thing is that www.meade.com site does not indicate anything about the threads on the "outside" part of the focal reducer.

As far as I understand, I will need the ETX Back Cell to SCT Thread adapter (makes sense, focal reducers were designed for SCTs), but I am not sure if the focal reducer continues with a T-Thread or with a SCT Thread... So what adapter will I need to mount my camera body (is a Canon) besides the brand-specific T Adapter.

Any one tried this configuration?

Thanks!

#2 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

The 6.3 reducer has SCT threads - you'll need an SCT to T-thread adapter.
  • smvallee likes this
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#3 smvallee

smvallee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users