7 replies to this topic

#1 skybox

skybox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

Hello all,

Many are waiting for the arrival of the new 16" Lightbridge.  I was hoping someone from Meade could give us some insight as to when the units are expected to arrive and what the expectations will be with respect to primary mirror quality? Specifically, has Meade imposed minimum performance requirements on the manufacturer? I think it goes without saying there is excitment about this new telescope but many are waiting for the first reviews before making the purchase. It is hopeful that the construction is sturdy and functional and the mirrors above average.

Regards,

Roger 

#2 Steve S

Steve S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:24 PM

Yes , I have been saving up my money too , and I'm fianally getting close . But I've been thinking of continueing my savings in the hope that there will be an 18 inch model released .... Is that asking for too much ?
Steve S
Equipment :
12 " Meade LX90 GPS
13.1" Coulter Dobsonian--4sale, 
80mm W.O. - Megrez SD
18" NGT / JMI 
DSI  2 , LPI , Orion SSAG
Modified Canon 400D  XTI
Panasonic DMC FZ50

#3 sparky1

sparky1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

Has anyone received a 16" lightbridge yet? I ordered mine from Telescopes.com on December 26, 2006. Last time I contacted Meade they said they will start shipping in mid April. When I ordered the scope in December the add said available in January.

#4 terrylorch

terrylorch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

Does anyone know how high the eyepiece is when pointing at the zenith?

Thanks in advance.

Terry Lorch
Charlotte, NC

#5 sparky1

sparky1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

Hi Terry

I just received my 16" Lightbridge today. Height of eyepiece at zenith is 67 3/4" from ground to center of eyepiece. Meade did a great job on this scope and I can't wait to put it to use. It was well worth the time it took to get it.

sparky1

#6 terrylorch

terrylorch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:43 AM

I've heard that the mirrors are sub-par.  I'm rethinking my purchase.

Terry

Hello all,

Many are waiting for the arrival of the new 16" Lightbridge.  I was hoping someone from Meade could give us some insight as to when the units are expected to arrive and what the expectations will be with respect to primary mirror quality? Specifically, has Meade imposed minimum performance requirements on the manufacturer? I think it goes without saying there is excitment about this new telescope but many are waiting for the first reviews before making the purchase. It is hopeful that the construction is sturdy and functional and the mirrors above average.

Regards,

Roger 

#7 skybox

skybox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

Terry,

Where did you get this information?

thx

Roger

#8 terrylorch

terrylorch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:23 AM

I received my information regarding the quality of the 16" mirrors used for the LightBridge from a respected professional astronomer, well known to many Yahoo user groups.

Terry
Charlotte, NC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users