5 replies to this topic

#1 BABFB

BABFB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Am I misunderstanding 'SLEEP SCOPE'? My understanding is when in SLEEP SCOPE Mode the scope should not move. If use SLEEP SCOPE
everything goes dark like it should, but the scope keeps moving? Any ideas? Keep in mind it is a Second hand LXD55 mount. Done this since I have figured out how to operate this mount. Thanks.

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

The handset is what is doing the controlling, at least I think that is what is going on.

What handset are you using?

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 BABFB

BABFB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

The one that came with it. That all seems to be working fine after my last little technical problem. All is well now except I need to recondition the keys with that conitioner. Gonna give that a try soon. So it's the box? Of course. Should I try the others?

Thanks Bill

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

You might try one of your 494 handsets and see what happens.

Bill Steen

#5 BABFB

BABFB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Since it looks like funky weather next few days I will try the 494 and keypad restoration. I cannot get the Sleep Scope working so I just unlock the clutch locks and let it freewheel.
Is that not advisable MistrBadgr? Oh also, I need to reorient the Dec. Clutch Lock lever just a tad. I contacts the lower control box if I push it too far. Can I loosen the little screw
on the lever and spin the lever to where I need it, then tighten it back? I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks Bill.

#6 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hi Burt!

I am guessing that there is a sprocket type connection somehow between the clutch lock lever and the shaft. you should be able to pull the screw out and take off the lever, then rotate it on the sprocket and reinsert the screw.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users