2 replies to this topic

#1 Hannah

Hannah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Hi everyone,
After reading several of the posts about running virtual machines, I'm still having no luck with my DSI (pro, monochrome). I'm hoping there's someone out there that can help me out.
Like most, I have waited several years for Meade to release 64-bit drivers, however, by the time they did, I had switched over to a Mac. Recently, I installed Win7 64-bit on a virtual machine (Virtual Box) and tried to get my DSI up and running. Even with the latest versions of Envisage, Autostar suite, etc. I get an error along the lines of "Device not responding...could not send command to device" every time I try to open Envisage and use the camera. The error message also includes a lot of what appears to be driver related code. I tried connecting to the camera using PHD to verify that it wasn't a problem with Envisage, however, that won't work, either. Thus, I believe it's a DSI driver problem.
Windows' device manager recognizes the camera and says that all drivers are up to date, so I'm not really sure what to do. After a call to Meade, they think that it's because the camera is connected to a Mac, even if I'm running a VM. I'm skeptical of this because I can connect my LXD75 mount to the virtual machine with no problem.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what the problem might actually be, I'd really appreciate hearing them. Thanks!

#2 croessus

croessus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Have you tried running the software for Envisage/Autostar in Windows XP compatibility mode? If not, find the executable file and right click on it. Choose properties and from the compatibility tab change the mode to run under Windows XP. To find the executable you may try right clicking on the program shortcut from desktop or start menu and select properties. From the Shortcut tab click the Find Target button. Hope this helps.

#3 deepwaterescue4u

deepwaterescue4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Terry

Meade LX200 14" ACF GPS
Meade 4 speed micro focuser
Milburn Wedge
Panama City Florida