Live long and prosper

#3 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

I am currently trying to figure out a couple of things. Why does the Meade store have the LX200 ACF 10" in stock (apparently) while my preffered dealer (Astronomics) has them backordered and cannot get an answer from Meade about when they will be getting a shipment? If you can order direct from Meade, why even have dealers? Shouldn't there be a cheaper rate by ordering direct? I have done a lot of business with Astronomics over the years and want to order my next scope from them....but I can only wait so long before I will go elsewhere. I told the rep at Astronomics today, to give you guys an earful as they will lose an order from me if they don't get this scope in soon.

Think about it.

#4 JohnGraham

JohnGraham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationKettering, Ohio

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Meade's web site may show them in stock when in fact they are not. If I've got this right (and I may not) the only thing the web site does is to connect buyers to sellers, it is not a direct sale from Meade. I went through this with my Lightbridge 16, which I ended up buying from Astronomics.

-John

#5 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Meade's web site may show them in stock when in fact they are not. If I've got this right (and I may not) the only thing the web site does is to connect buyers to sellers, it is not a direct sale from Meade. I went through this with my Lightbridge 16, which I ended up buying from Astronomics.

-John

Strange stuff....and I think an odd way to run a company. The Astronomics folks seem baffled as to why they can't get an answer from Meade. I told him to give the Meade people some grief, because Astronomics will lose a sale. I am almost agitated enough to try a celestron.....but I have had pretty good luck with Meade quality.

#6 deepwaterescue4u

deepwaterescue4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

I had read somewhere that meade had got into trouble money wise so a new plan wes placed into action all the telescopes and parts do come from meade contractors that do all the building but when you order something through shop-a-tron it is then in turn given to dealer that has the item in stock the dealers or most of them sell them at the same price as you see on the meade website like I said most of them anyway and when you use shop-a-tron meade is given an allowance from the sale remember years ago meade stock bottomed out and the company was in trouble real trouble like going out of buisness when this plan was thought up, I think meade is doing a good job at comming back as a leader in astronomy for anyone wanting to look at the stars. I think that even when you buy from a dealer you are buying from meade and giving them your support. Like in another thread I had posted that I ran across a website that still has the meade 24mm UWA eyepiece with the diag. at the sale price that meade was selling them at this past Jan of $159 they had 4 left I got them all...I also think that no matter what campany you buy a meade product from you are supporting meade they all have to goto meade to get it...

Terry

Meade LX200 14" ACF GPS
Meade 4 speed micro focuser
Milburn Wedge
Panama City Florida

Live long and prosper

#7 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:00 PM

I was looking for Audio Ear Buds that plug into the LS telescope..  The one I have do not fit and they are the 3.5mm.  I have bought some but they don't fit either.. So does anybody know what does fit into the LS 8inch Audio Plug..  So I can acquire the right one..  Thanks..   B..

#8 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:24 AM

OK, I am back;  I have found an adapter for the 2.5mm plug that works just fine.  I got it from Amazon for $4.23..  It is called a "Monoprice 107124 3.5mm Stereo Jack Adaptor to 2.5mm Stereo Plug, Gold Plated.  If anybody is interested.. Now I can here the voice on the monitor..   B.   

#9 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

Thanks, Betty!

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users