• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aumandg

aumandg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I just received this EP, first series 5000 I have gotten. I beleive when you twist the eye relief cup it is supposed to come up away from the lens.

Is this correct?

It does not do this on the one that I have, is there something wrong with the EP?
  • healenrerculp likes this

#2 aumandg

aumandg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Hello,

Disregard, I was being stupide. I was holding the metal part and trying to twist the rubber cap at the same time, no wonder it would not come up away from the lens. It works great.

#3 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2678 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

I am glad to here that I am not the only person to do things like that!

Best Regards,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#4 sdtopensied

sdtopensied

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

How do you like the views? I took the plunge and got the whole set and I love them!

-Steve

#5 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2678 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I have all of the 1.25 inch versions of the 5 element 5000 series plossles. I have enjoyed them and consider them my best general purpose eyepieces.

I would like to get the HD-60 eyepieces, just being curious about them, but my five element ones are doing so well that I really cannot justify getting anything else.

I have had good luck using the 5 element plossles with my LS8 and any number of refractors and reflectors in the f/8 to f/10 range.

The one scope that I had trouble using these is an f/3.8 114mm diameter reflector, which simply put the image too far out to the sides and I ran into a lot of bloating. The problem probably had more to do with the scope than the eyepieces. With that radical of a scope, I stick with narrower field eyepieces and do just fine.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users