• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cyberkinetic

Cyberkinetic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

I just purchased a second LXD75 EQ mount (used), and in checking it over it seems to operate very well, but when I have the two mounts set to matched positions for using the polar alignment viewfinder to do polar alignment, the one I just received has the reticle rotated counterclockwise about 45 degrees, whereas the one I've had is straight-up, and from what I read in the instructions should be until I start rotating the dec.

So it seems like I need to adjust the polar viewfinder in the more recently acquired mount. I don't want to break anything, and it is not obvious to me how I should go about doing the adjustment. I see a set of set screws around the ring just in front of the reticle battery holder and control. Is that it, and how do I be sure I am getting it exactly where it needs to be?

#2 DarkSkyFalcon

DarkSkyFalcon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hi, Ck: Check out this link: http://www.thestarde...Polaralign.html The diagram shows the line in the polar scope aligned with the counterweight bar. That's how it should be. You should be able to loosen the allen screws on the polar scope to rotate it.

#3 Cyberkinetic

Cyberkinetic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the link! Much appreciated. I've also been given some other information that I will organize and add to this topic for everyone's reference.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lxd75

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users