• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dslyr1

dslyr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

New to the forum here. Kind of new to astronomy. I have an LXD75 mount with a SC6 tube on it. I'm trying to align the tube with the mount, and on page 52 in the manual there is a photo marked Fig. 47. I cannot find these three screws anywhere on my mount. I have come to the conclusion that this is the dovetail that mounts on my scope that connects the scope to the mount. Mine looks nothing like this. Are the ones in the photo available some where. I am tired of asking Meade any questions. They tell me I have to own my scope more than four months before I should think of trying to align my scope with the mount.

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

The Adjustment screws are usually On the OTA .They are used to align the ota (rings) to the mount
Im not sure who told you you should own your scope for months before you try to adjust it but that just isnt right and maybe that person should be re trained to help customers and not fight them.
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 dslyr1

dslyr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

That's my opinion also. Not that it matters much.
I bought the Celestron OTA and mounted it on another "go to" mount. Then I bought this Meade LXD75 mount. I am happy with both the scope and mount. After polar aligning the mount I do a "three star alignment" and the objects usually are in the finder scope but always high and not in the eyepiece. Even with a high numbered eyepiece. I'm going to find a plate that I can mount a set of rings on that fit around this scope if I have to make them myself. I'm going to try to attached a couple photos out of the manual showing whats on the Meade tube and mount.screws.jpg rings and mount.jpg

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

the cradle adjustment pic is showing the adjustment screws on the dove tail.The dove tail as attached to the rings that hold the scope.You adjust these screws to get your main tube paralell to the dove tail or paralell to the mount.

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users