• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mjgalindo

mjgalindo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

I have the LXD 75 SN10 and need to refocus the cross hairs in the finder scope. Is there a recommended method for doing this? i.e. what should be "turned" to focus them in the eyepiece?
thanks in advance,
Manny

#2 JohnGraham

JohnGraham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationKettering, Ohio

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

On the LXD75 finders there are two adjustments; one on the objective the other on the eyepiece. The adjustment of the objective focuses the finder while the adjustment on the eyepiece focuses the cross-hairs. Soooo, adjust the knurl on the eyepiece first to set the focus on the cross-hairs, then loosen the lock ring on the objective, adjust the focus of the objective, then snug the lock ring.

It took me a bit to figure this one out with my first LXD75. :)

-John

#3 lphilpot

lphilpot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:37 PM

On the LXD75 finders there are two adjustments; one on the objective the other on the eyepiece. The adjustment of the objective focuses the finder while the adjustment on the eyepiece focuses the cross-hairs. Soooo, adjust the knurl on the eyepiece first to set the focus on the cross-hairs, then loosen the lock ring on the objective, adjust the focus of the objective, then snug the lock ring.

It took me a bit to figure this one out with my first LXD75. smile.png

-John

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I need to get my LXD75 polar scope in focus as well. What you describe fits exactly with what I logically deduced, but I'm not sure how to gain access in order to focus the objective. I finally got polar scope pretty well collimated with the polar axis, It would be a shame to have to remove it just to focus, but it's starting to sound that way. If so, how do I get it out of the mount?

Thanks.

P.S. - I just read your last comment: "...my first LXD75". You mean you bought more than one? :D Somehow, I find that reassuring... I just bought mine from an estate sale and after reading stuff on the web I'm not 100% sure it was a wise choice. But the price was very good ($250) and so far the only glitches I've seen have been either (low) power related or due to a possibly damaged wire in the handbox cable (which has been replaced with a Cisco rollover cable, much better anyway).

Len Philpot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users