#41 Cefiar

Cefiar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Not to mention the shipping dates estimates on that site seem totally wrong.

eg: On the LX800 10" they say Usually ships in 7-14 business days and on the LX800 12" they say Usually ships in 2-4 weeks which to me seems totally bogus. At least with the LX800 14" they say it's more like 6-10 weeks.

Then again, is anyone shipping LX800's yet after the recall? There are many people on the forum who would love to see their LX800 equipment back in their hands. Sure they'd be even more annoyed at Meade if new scopes were being shipped out to new customers, before the people who have been patiently waiting on Meade to ship them their equipment.
  • unsurgybany likes this
--
Cefiar
Melbourne, Australia

#42 Fluvius

Fluvius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I placed a pre-order for a 14 inch LX600 13 May 2012 - At the time I thought it would be a great deal
Cancelled today. I've lost faith in Meade given the LX800 issues and zero information on LX600
For cryin' out loud I contracted out and built an entire observatory waiting on Meade to get it's act together!

Decided to upsize considerably - getting a Webster telescope 22 inch f3.6 goto dob. Actually spoke with them on the phone - imagine that! Willing to pay up for apeture, quality and service.

Dark skies and good luck to you all -

#43 RonH

RonH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Well, I can quite understand why your patience ran out Fluvius. Mine is wearing thinner by the day and I can only hope that Meade's telescope optics are superior to their optics on customer relations. Whether or not I get the chance to test that notion is a dwindling possibility. I frankly can't begin to imagine what underlying rationale there could possibly be for such apparently blatant disregard for their customers. How many other people have run out of patience and goodwill, I wonder?

Clear Skies!

#44 deepwaterescue4u

deepwaterescue4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

If ya'll can just hold on a few more weeks the lx800 will be back and 2 weeks after that the lx600 will be back, I can't say how I learned this information but it is from the makers and the testers...

Terry

Meade LX200 14" ACF GPS
Meade 4 speed micro focuser
Milburn Wedge
Panama City Florida

Live long and prosper

#45 ShinySteelRobot

ShinySteelRobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

2 weeks after that the lx600 will be back

That's great news, and I hope it holds true. However, I don't think the LX600 has even actually been here yet -- in other words it can't come back if it was never here to begin with. :) Hopefully it means that the LX600 will finally start shipping to those who ordered in the middle of last year.

#46 RonH

RonH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

Good news for those awaiting the now LX850. I hope this bodes well for news about the LX600 . It would be wonderful if Meade saw fit to provide a few explanatory and reassuring words on these pages for those of us waiting.
Ron

#47 EventHorizon

EventHorizon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTempe, Arizona

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I wonder if I get my LX600 12" before Ison arrives? I may have to cancel my order and end up buying an LX200 12" in order to see Ison up close and personal.

Got my fingers crossed.

Cheers
EH

#48 Legaviu

Legaviu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

Meade should realize that they still have a market.

I am on the fence for a 11 Celestron or Meade dedicated to astrophotography. Celestron's is of use is great! Though do prefer optics and the new Meade focuser as well as starlock. This is the only reason I am on the fence.

Like many here, we have plans that can't wait too much longer.

If Meade needs help on there technological front, many clients would most likely help. Without Meade, the market may become a monopoly in SCT front for some time. That won't be good for anyone.

#49 Rumbleripper

Rumbleripper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hi:

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything more about the shipping dates and availability of the 600's? I called Meade today and spoke to someone who seemed to indicate that it should be out "soon".

Cheers.

#50 tlwarnke

tlwarnke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I wonder if the LX600 is nearly ready to start shipping. I noticed that Meade added out the LX600 manual in PDF format recently. http://www.meade.com...nuals/lx-series
They did this with the LX800 a couple of weeks before it started shipping. Am I getting my hopes up too high again?

Terry

#51 glaceda

glaceda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

I was just given my tracking number for the shipment of my LX600 12". It will be here in Summerville, SC next Tuesday.... This will be a great day!!! Almost 1 year waiting.

Dean

#52 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2828 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Congratulations!

Hope everything works out right!

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#53 d33d0gg

d33d0gg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Sweet Dean, and I am in your neck of the woods!

Daniel
--------
LX200GPS 12"

LX80
ETX90

#54 Dr.Oxygen

Dr.Oxygen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Dean,

Congradulations on your new scope! You do realize that it comes with the great responsibility of giving us pictures and impressions!

:)

#55 EventHorizon

EventHorizon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTempe, Arizona

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Dean,

You must be on cloud 9 right now. I'm hoping soon to get a tracking number as well for a 12". My only fear is it might be to heavy to lift it by myself on to the wedge/tripod. If you get a chance and your setting yours up, could you set the scope OTA and fork mount on a bathroom scale and see how heavy it is? The specs on Meade's website lists it as (to be determined) for the weight. They show total shipping weight at 180lbs and the tripod weight at 50 lbs and if you subtract for the 50lbs tripod would leave the mount and OTA as weight 130lbs which seems much, but considering all the new enhancements and starlock and etc I guess it is what it is. It just would be nice to know ahead of time. Definitely give us your impressions.

:)

Cheers..

#56 glaceda

glaceda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

I will be happy to weigh the LX600 and give you all all the particulars on the scope. I will make some pictures with the my ipad and post them to the forum. I will put it through all of its paces and give you a review of its operation.

Dean

#57 Gunnergm1

Gunnergm1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that my new LX600 12" w/ wedge is on its way from HIGHPOINT SCIENTIFIC. I have been looking at these since I was at the 2012 NEAF and I have been well aware of the back dat upon back date. Today I was just browsing different vendors and checking availability and came across HIGHPOINT that said they had it in stock. I called to verify and sure enough they had 1 and only 1 he said. I placed the order right away and just received a call from HIGHPOINT saying it would be shipped no later than tomorrow. Don't know if I was in the right place at the right time or what, but I looks like one is one the way. I now hope that it performs as MEADE says it will. I still need the focal reducer and zero image shift focuser but those should come in time. Come on clear skies!

#58 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2828 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Cloudy skies or whatever, I think the stars certainly lined up for you.

But, looking at it another way....somebody had to get it. You were that person!

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Best Regards,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#59 Dr.Oxygen

Dr.Oxygen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Gunnergm1

Congrats on your new scope. I saw that scope in stock as well, but I'm afraid at my age the 12" would be to much for me to handle on my own. Seriously thinking of the 10". I'll be very interested in your feedback and observations.

Enjoy!

#60 Gunnergm1

Gunnergm1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

I am excited to put it through its paces. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It always scares me to put the optics I've paid for in the ands of theses shipping companies. I will report back with my findings and performance. I sure hope it does not sound like an even larger coffee grinder than the LX 200.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lx600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users